Automatic Code Generation
Automatic code generation allows Software Engineers to focus on optimising code rather than rewriting code from working models. This creates code that is more efficient, robust and easier to maintain. Code generation capabilities are available for a large subset of MATLAB functions and most Simulink blocks. Based on the toolbox various different types of code can be generated:
- MATLAB Coder can create ANSI-C/C++ code from MATLAB scripts and functions
- Simulink Coder can create ANSI-C/C++ code from Simulink models and Stateflow charts
- Embedded Coder allows for further optimisations to the C/C++ code for use on embedded systems and supports safety critical standards (DO-178, IEC 26262) software development
- HDL Coder can create VHDL and Verilog code from MATLAB functions, Simulink models and Stateflow charts
- Simulink PLC Coder creates hardware-independent IEC 61131-3 Structured Text and Ladder Diagram code from Simulink models, Stateflow charts and MATLAB code.