Business Development Consultant – Commercial
Opti-Num Solutions is an exciting high-tech company, filled with creative and intelligent people, working together as a team to empower our customers with skills, software tools and expertise. We are the sole supplier in Southern Africa of MathWorks products including MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists throughout the world. We also provide technical support, training, consulting and development services to our clients.
We are looking for an experienced sales person who can work across a diverse set of products for multiple industries. While there are existing customers, the main focus is on bringing in new deals, so you need to be a strong hunter.
It is an exciting role as every day is different, with customers using our products for a very diverse range of applications. We offer consulting and training, so you are able to sell a complete solution to customers.
You would be responsible for selling the company’s software and services in the Southern African region.
- Take ownership of an assigned sales territory by taking full responsibility for existing as well as new revenue by:
- developing and executing annual key account plans driving strategic growth in these accounts
- proactively calling into existing customers to identify sales opportunities for the adoption of additional products and services
- prospecting for new customers in the assigned territory and closing new sales of our products and services
- Articulate our product’s technical and business proposition to a range of customer decision makers
- Strategically position our products and services and introduce improved workflow to decision makers
- Present our products via technology such as Skype for Business or in person at customer locations. This position requires travel (approximately 25% of time per year)
- Collaborate with technical marketing and application engineering to set direction for the territory and assure proper service to our customers and prospects
- Create a comprehensive territory plan annually to be used as a roadmap for new client acquisition and existing account growth
- Manage a sales funnel in accordance to a formally defined sales process
- Meet monthly and quarterly sales quotas and funnel addition rates set for the territory
- Arrange seminars and workshops with the objective of generating new sales and wider adoption of the tools
- A bachelor’s degree in science or engineering and some professional work experience is required.
- Demonstrated success managing business using a CRM system
- Ability to get access to and communicate business value to client stakeholders at all organisational levels
- Preference will be given to EE candidates
Apply for this Position
To apply for this position, complete our online application form. You will need your CV and/or other supporting documentation in PDF or DOCX format.
If you haven’t heard from Opti-Num Solutions within 2 weeks of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.