Senior Business Development Consultant
Opti-Num Solutions is looking to fill a permanent position for a Senior Business Development Consultant in our Sales Team with a particular affinity for originating sales for our class-leading technical software, consulting and training services.
The role requires a deep interest in engineering, finance and science technology, strong team-selling skills. Passionate, self-motivated individuals will excel in this role.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Planning and Managing Revenue and Growth: Develops and executes strategies to manage territories, accounts, and opportunities to achieve sustainable revenue and growth in current year.
- Developing and Positioning Solutions: Utilises knowledge of our offerings to develop and position solutions. Uses knowledge of the client’s situation to support them through the implementation process.
- Collaborating with Internal and External Resources: Builds and sustains working relationships across boundaries to drive customer satisfaction.
- Understanding Business Fundamentals: Cultivates knowledge of business, finance, and sector/industry to inform proposals, work prioritisation, and decision making.
- Executing Productively: Utilises sales and company process standards, practices, and tools/systems to manage communications, meetings, and work.
- Personal Development: Undertakes training and coaching in order to work towards personal development goals.
- Hard working and proactive
- Creative and curious
- Strong learning and synthesising ability
- Passionate and self-motivated
- Technical aptitude
- Strong EQ
- Strong written and verbal aptitude
- Realistic and analytical
- Confidence and strong self-assuredness
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of solutions sales experience (selling complex, technical solutions that incorporate software tools, and consulting services)
- Demonstrated success in prospecting and originating new sales in new and old industries.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate long sales cycles and close deals.
Apply for this Position
- To apply for this position, complete our online application form. You will need your CV and/or other supporting documentation in PDF or DOCX format. Please reference SBDC in your application.