Technical Consultant – Solutions Engineering in Simulation-Based Design
Opti-Num Solutions is looking to fill a permanent position for a Technical Consultant – Solutions Engineering. Opti-Num has seen a growth in customers involved with advanced engineering algorithm design (EAD) workflows, such as automatic code generation and verification/validation, which has created the need for additional support.
The purpose of the position is to engage with both potential and existing EAD customers on a technical level to Identify, Explore, Prove and Adopt solutions offered by Opti-Num. Customers associated with EAD, where embedded systems is a focus, typically reside in the following domains: wireless and communication, automation and machinery, as well as automotive and aerospace/defence industries. The applicant requires a unique combination of skills involving application engineering and software development combined with industry domain expertise.
You are expected to:
- Engage both potential and existing EAD customers on a technical level to Identify, Explore, Prove and Adopt solutions offered by Opti-Num.
- Communicate and articulate to customers the relevance and value of adopting a simulation-based design
- Support customers with technical details surrounding simulation-based design: design, development, verification, and deployment of engineering algorithms to embedded or HDL systems.
- Collaborate with sales and other technical team members to identify and create solutions at the appropriate levels and to ensure the customers’ technical and business needs are met.
- Deliver training courses to customers.
- Assist customers with technical queries as Opti-Num Solutions first-line technical support.
- Support the organisational knowledge of the breadth of the MathWorks tools that overlap with the EAD domain.
- Support technical marketing by contributing to the creation of technical content for exposure on our company web pages, social media, case studies, and technical corner content when requested
- Coach customers in best practices or a specific MATLAB application area.
Education & experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Engineering or Science (BEng, BSc).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in any EAD domain.
- Practical experience with any of the following is beneficial: IEC certification; DO qualification; embedded systems; C/C++/HDL code; system engineering.
- At least 2 years’ experience programming in MATLAB / Python / R / C++ / Java or a similar language (this may be at university).
- Strong communication skills and the confidence and ability to present effectively across different levels of seniority.
- The ability to see the “big picture” and translate it into practical actions to achieve the customer’s goals.
- Self-driven with the ability to take initiative and “make things happen”.
- Perceptive and influencing, in terms of listening carefully to others as well as answering questions succinctly.
- The ability to perform under pressure.
- The ability to think creatively and solve new problems with limited resources.
- Passion and enthusiasm for technology, engineering and embedded systems.
- A collaborative spirit, with an eagerness to learn from others and share information.
- The flexibility to work in a team and independently.
- The ability to communicate with people from different technical domains (IT, engineering) as well as marketing specialists and business managers.
A solution refers to a holistic set of Opti-Num offerings that helps our customers be successful. This can broadly be summarised into products and services.
Systems often involve plant-controller setups within the EAD domain where the target hardware could range from low-cost hardware (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Beagle etc.) to production hardware (Xilinx etc.).
Apply for this Position
To apply for this position, complete our online application form. You will need your CV and/or other supporting documentation in PDF or DOCX format. Please reference SE_EAD in your application.