Opti-Num Solutions is looking for dynamic individuals with a passion for the finance industry to join our growing consulting team. Opti-Num Solutions Consulting Services work on projects in many industries including Finance, Aerospace and Defence, Telecommunications and Energy Production, and we are looking for an individual who can specifically take our Finance services to the next level. A key feature working in Opti-Num Consulting is the close collaboration between ourselves and our clients, who are experts in their domain. Although our clients receive significant value from our assistance our consultants also grow their skill sets by knowledge gained “walking the journey” with our clients on the projects.
As a Finance Consultant you will be involved in both short and long-term projects, working directly with our customers in the finance industry to define their requirements, implement software applications or infrastructure, as well as investigate financial theory concepts and their realisation with MathWorks – and possibly other – tools. You will also provide hands-on assistance to our clients for adoption of the applications we develop for them. Tasks could involve financial theory investigations and research, data analysis, mathematical modelling, algorithm implementation, software framework design and implementation and interface design and development in financial sectors such as:
- Investment Management
- Risk Management – Operational, Market, Credit, Counterparty
- Insurance and Actuarial Science – Asset liability Modelling, Market Risk, Product Development and Investment Research
- Econometrics and Economics
- Algorithmic Trading
- Model Validation
- Pricing and Valuation – front-of-house quants and traders
To be successful in this role, you need both software engineering and financial expertise. Most projects will require more advanced software engineering concepts, such as object-oriented programming, unit testing and robust version control. You will need to ensure that all code produced complies with Opti-Num Solution’s software engineering best practices.
The nature of the work may often require that you are based at the client’s premises for the duration of a project. To be considered for this position, you should have the following qualifications and experience:
- A graduate qualification in science (such as mathematics, statistics, applied mathematics, actuarial science or physics) or engineering.
- 2+ years’ experience working in finance industry or a postgraduate degree in financial mathematics.
- A strong knowledge of – and passion for – finance theory and concepts is essential.
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with our clients to explore, discuss and apply financial theory over a broad set of finance domains is essential
- Proficiency in coding and software engineering is required. Experience with MATLAB is a distinct plus.
- A passion for technology and hunger to learn new concepts and skills in the finance and software development domains is essential (through further higher education, short courses and self-study).
- The flexibility to work in a team or independently.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
Successful applicants will work both independently and in small, focussed teams of highly skilled, motivated and passionate individuals. Your skills may also be applied to projects in other industries such as defence, process, energy, and telecommunications where appropriate.
Apply for this Position
To apply for this position, complete our online application form. You will need your CV and/or other supporting documentation in PDF or DOCX format. Please reference CSLT_FIN in your application.